You’ve made it! We’ve arrived at episode forty-one of The Presentation Boss Podcast! This episode straddles the fine line between Thomas and Kate having a discussion, and Kate interviewing Thomas. Why? Because Thomas specialises in visual communication, especially PowerPoint design. Today we concentrate on what you do if you have a slide deck that is adequate and you want to make it look awesome.
Having mastery of visuals is a key presentation skill. We have a look at the steps you need to take to ensure an existing deck that may or may not be inflicting ‘Death by PowerPoint’ onto an audience to something that looks classy, professional and snazzy! Kate pushes Thomas through the five steps that do the real heavy lifting of improving PowerPoint slides.
What You’ll Learn
• Exactly where to start when it comes to improving your PowerPoint
• The questions Thomas asks himself when he is improving a slide deck
• What you should be looking for on each and every slide
• How do you get around that limit of slides per presentation
• The one biggest contributor to ‘Death by PowerPoint’ and how you can avoid it
• Why there’s a difference between words and text on slides
• How to appeal to ‘visual learners’ without sacrificing the rest of your audience
• The step that takes functional slides and makes them professional!
• Where to go if you want to get a better result for even less design effort
Resources and Links
• Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Presentation Boss Podcast: https://presentationboss.com.au/podcast/
• Kate on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kate-norris/
• Thomas on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/thomas-krafft/
• Presentation Boss on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/presentationboss/
• Presentation Boss on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/presentation-boss