Strap in for episode seventy-seven of The Presentation Boss Podcast. Over the past few months, Thomas has had some conversations with Todd Cherches about all things presentations. Given he has just released a book about visual communication, you can imagine those conversations were quite animated and aligned.
As is often the case with all professional communicators, the same advice and tips are shared. But Todd manages to drop out phrases that sound exactly like Kate and Thomas, but with a different accent. In this episode we discuss how you can become more visual in your presentations (even without slides), why it’s so important to do so plus a raft of book recommendations.
Show your support for this episode on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/presentationboss
About Our Guest
Todd Cherches is the CEO and co-founder of BigBlueGumball, a New York City-based consulting firm specializing in leadership development, public speaking, and executive coaching. He is also a three-time award-winning Adjunct Professor of leadership at NYU, and a Lecturer on leadership at Columbia University. Todd is also a TEDx speaker, and the author of “VisuaLeadership: Leveraging the Power of Visual Thinking in Leadership and in Life” published in May 2020.
What You’ll Learn
• What the connection is between communication and leadership
• Why it is so important to use visual language when communicating
• How slide design can help, and how bad slide design tortures your audience
• The experience of applying for, and presenting a TEDx Talk
• About a hundred book recommendations!
Mentioned In The Show
• Todd Cherches’ Website: toddcherches.com
• Nancy Duarte – ‘Slideology’
• Chris Anderson – ‘TED Talks’
• Carmine Gallo – ‘Talk Like TED’
Resources and Links
• Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Presentation Boss Podcast: https://presentationboss.com.au/podcast/
• Show your support on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/presentationboss
• Join our online community: Presentation Bosses Facebook Group