INFLUENTIAL DATA PRESENTATION Because just showing your data is not enough.
With so much data at our fingertips, how do we get an audience to see through the clutter to our core message? How do we make them focus on outcomes rather than numbers?Straight to the details!
Why is data presentation so hard?
Why is it that when we show someone the cold, hard facts they still struggle to understand? Numbers we’re so intimately familiar with are just jargon to those that need the information. Maybe:
- you feel like people don’t always totally understand what you’re trying to tell them.
- you’re fighting fires that come from miscommunication, getting caught up in the weeds of a discussion rather than focusing on the point.
- you need more confidence presenting your work.
- you don’t have a logical structure to your communications and there’s so much going on in your head that you have trouble finding that clear through-line that helps other people understand you
Welcome to data storytelling
You’ve probably heard the term before, but what does it mean? Well, our brains are hard-wired from an early age to remember stories, because that’s how information used to be stored. But how can you use this to make data interesting?If you’re reading this, you probably want to be more than a number cruncher.You want people to recognise the work you’ve done and make the correct decisions because of it.That’s where we can help.
How the Influential Data Presentation course can help you
This course is for anyone who is looking to increase their influence, engagement and confidence when presenting data. You will be able to
- Hone your message and focus your audience’s attention
- Create beautiful and effective data visualisations
- Communicate your findings clearly
- Inspire Action
Whether you’re a senior manager presenting to a board, an analyst or a graduate, this course will help you become a more productive and valuable team member, which benefits your organisation and your career.
Most people rely on their software for their data vis without understanding the psychology behind communication. The trouble with this is that the most interesting story, the most valuable insights, can be made impossible to understand.Where do I sign? “Showing data is not enough.
You need to present it. Better.”
Learn and grow together
Why Group Coaching is the perfect fit!
There’s tons of information on presentation skills at everyone’s fingertips: books, websites, even YouTube. But when it comes to presenting data, nothing beats practice and feedback. You can find this with expensive private coaching or in-house workshops (which is cost effective if you have enough people), but with group coaching you get all this at a fraction of the price.
So what are you waiting for?Sign me up!
BETTER DATA PRESENTATION COURSE DETAILS
Week 1 – Plan
- Identify stakeholder needs
- Determining Context
- Hone message
- Content decisions
- Content mapping
- Recommendation framework
Week 2 – Data Vis
Choosing a visual
- Graph and chart analysis
- Using design elements to focus your audience’s attention
- Designing visuals for maximum impact
Week 3 – Storytelling
- Crafting your narrative
- Integrating data
Dealing With Varying Formats
- Formal presentation vs meeting presentation vs written report
Pulling It Together
- Checking your story is clear
Week 4 – Slide Design
Create Beautiful Slides
- Slide layout
- Using imagery
- Font & colour use
- Working within style guides
- Creating handouts
- Shortcuts and time-saving techniques
- Alternatives to PowerPoint
Week 5 – Presentation
Making An Impact
- Crafting a strong open and close
- Vocal control
- Body language
- Controlling Nerves
- Rehearsal Techniques
- Dealing with Question & Answer Sessions
- Dealing with Difficult Audience Members
Week 6 – Practice and review
FAQsHow long does the course go for?
The course lasts for six weeks.
There are five modules. Each week we’ll spend an hour together, and you’ll have access to short training videos to watch in your own time (around 30 mins total each week).
Just an hour for the live sessions? Yep – you’re busy, I’m efficient. This is a no-waffle zone.
These are high-energy, super-engaging sessions – I practise what I preach!
The time that you take to apply these skills may surprise you–it will still save you time because you will know how to make presentation decisions quicker, hone your content, and be much more efficient. So, putting IN the time, will SAVE you time. It’s might sound like a paradox, but it works.What do I get out of it?
Enrolment in the course entitles you to:
- Join in the group coaching sessions.
- Course workbooks.
- Lifetime access to all training modules.
- Templates to help save time and energy.
- Community. An ongoing way to connect with other like-minded people.
To join the first intake in July, I’m offering a significant discount for those who join me.
A one-time payment of $799, of if you’d like to split the payments, 6 monthly payments of $149.
“Without data you’re just another person with an opinion.”
– W. Edwards Deming
Are you ready?
Just pick your payment preference and let’s get started.
Save $$$ with a single upfront payment.
Get it now at just $799Add to cart
6 x monthly payments
Enjoy the convenience of a six-month payment plan.
First course discount at 6 x $149 Sign Up Now