E01: The 6 Key Elements of Public Speaking
Welcome to the first episode of the Presentation Boss Podcast. Your hosts Kate and Thomas have a combined experience of public speaking over over 25 years and will be kicking things off by sharing the six key elements that any great public speaker needs to master.
What makes a great speaker? What allows some people to blow their audience away while others leave their audience cold? if you want to move from being an average speaker to an awesome speaker, you need to understand these six key elements. In this episode we’re going to introduce them with a little bit of detail.
What You’ll Learn
• Who you hosts are and where their experience comes from
• What the six key elements of public speaking are!
• Where you mentally need to be with your subject matter before delivering.
• The beginning of authenticity as a presenter.
• How to ensure you’re speaking to the right audience appropriately.
• The method for ensuring your audience understands exactly what you want them to understand.
• How your one minute pitch and a keynote start from the same point.
• What physical aspects you need to be aware of when presenting.
• How you can be authentic on stage.
• Should you use PowerPoint or not?
Resources and Links
• How the six key elements interact to make a a great presentation:
• Presentation Boss on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/presentationboss/
• Presentation Boss on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/presentation-boss
• Kate on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kate-norris/
• Thomas on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/thomas-krafft/
• The Presentation Boss Podcast: https://presentationboss.com.au/podcast/