38. How To Choose The Right Chart For Your Data Visualisation
Welcome to episode thirty-eight of The Presentation Boss Podcast! This episode straddles the fine line between Thomas and Kate having a discussion, and Thomas interviewing Kate. Why? Because Kate specialises in data visualisation and data presentation. Today concentrates on how you go about choosing the right chart to best present your data insights to your audience.
We explore exactly why we do data visualisation, what it is, plus exactly where to start for the best results. You want your recommendations to be heard right? This presentation skill is super important to ensure your interpretations of your beautiful data are heard, understood and acted upon by your audience.
What You’ll Learn
• One gaping hole in Kate’s 90’s music knowledge
• What is data analysis, data visualisation, data presentation and the differences between them
• How to select which program to use to create the right charts
• Exactly where to start for the biggest impact of your data vis
• The two charts that you should be using 90% of the time – and why!
• An often skipped step that will make sure your graphs and charts are definitely simple enough
• Why all of these tips and tools are important to follow
Resources and Links
• Email us: [email protected]
• The Presentation Boss Podcast: https://presentationboss.com.au/podcast/
• Kate on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kate-norris/
• Thomas on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/thomas-krafft/
• Presentation Boss on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/presentationboss/
• Presentation Boss on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/presentation-boss
Used In This Episode
• The New Kids on the Block | You Got It (The Right Stuff)