48. Speech Breakdown: TED Talk by Bill Gates “The next outbreak? We’re not ready”
Time to log in to forty-eight of The Presentation Boss Podcast! We’re jumping aboard the bandwagon of the recently trending Bill Gates talk all about pandemics and what the world future of them may look like. The kicker? The talk is from 2015 and feels like a prophecy come true in the 2020 corona-crisis.
Aside from the uncanny content of the talk, we love
seeing Bill Gates present and this talk is a shining example of a well-crafted
and polished presentation. It has a huge amount of impact for an 8-minute
presentation. Thomas had seen it before so got to sit back and watch Kate well
up with the same excitement he had once felt.
What You’ll Learn
• An effective mix of visual elements to emphasise a talk
• Why starting with a story can be so powerful
• The careful considerations for breaking a massive topic into just enough information
• Ensuring your audience is not distracted by your props
• How effective data visualisation can improve the impact of complex information
• How to end your presentation by referring back to the opening.
Mentioned In The Show
• TED Talk by Bill Gates | The next outbreak? We’re not ready
Resources and Links
• Email us: [email protected]
• The Presentation Boss Podcast: https://presentationboss.com.au/podcast/
• Kate on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kate-norris/
• Thomas on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/thomas-krafft/
• Presentation Boss on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/presentationboss/
• Presentation Boss on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/presentation-boss