49. Holding Attention with Neen James
Come on in and join us for episode forty-nine of The Presentation Boss Podcast! Today’s guest is proudly 4’ 10.5” tall but every time we’ve heard or seen her present she oozes both energy, fun and positivity. You’re guaranteed to have a laugh but also to be challenged, presented with new ideas and have no choice but to think.
We are so excited to have Neen James on the podcast, a fellow Australian currently living in Florida. Her topics of systems, contextual models and attention are three big concepts that anyone presenting should be considering, if not mastering. This was a fun recording across time zones and we know you’ll find super value in this conversation.
About Our Guest
Neen James is the author of Folding Time and Attention Pays™. She has been named one of the Top 30 Leadership Speakers by Global Guru several years in a row because of her work with companies including Viacom, Comcast, and Abbot Pharmaceuticals among others. Neen’s quick-witted boundless energy offers powerful strategies to pay attention to what matters so you can get more done and create more significant moments at work, and home. Neen engages, educates, entertains, and delivers real-world solutions that apply in your organization, home, and community. She also provides one-on-one consulting in a variety of leadership topics.
What You’ll Learn
• How to ensure you gain and maintain the attention of your audience
• How to set and maintain authority when you’re not what people are expecting
• What are the communication barriers between countries and languages
• Exactly what a contextual model is and how it vastly boosts comprehension and communication of your knowledge
• Where to start if you want to include contextual models in your presentations
• What Neen believes separates a great speaker from an awesome speaker
Mentioned In The Show
• Episode 40: Being a Professional Speaker with Grant Baldwin
• All of Matt Church’s free, online books
Resources and Links
• Email us: [email protected]
• The Presentation Boss Podcast: https://presentationboss.com.au/podcast/
• Kate on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kate-norris/
• Thomas on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/thomas-krafft/
• Presentation Boss on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/presentationboss/
• Presentation Boss on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/presentation-boss