52. Talk Triggers & Signature Stories with Jay Baer
Listen in, bosses, to episode fifty-two of the Presentation Boss Podcast. We love speaking with people who are great at speaking and love speaking. We were lucky enough to be introduced to today’s guest and suggested to have him on our podcast. He already hosts one of Kate and Thomas’ favourite podcasts and has been mentioned by a few of our previous guests.
This was another episode where we had to edit out longer pauses of Kate and Thomas being very lost in thought and concentration with the value and ideas that Jay Baer was bringing. He specialises in customer experience, marketing and of course, talk triggers. We have a few laughs along the way and you’ll definitely find value here too.
About Our Guest
Jay Baer, CSP, CPAE has spent 25 years in digital marketing and customer experience, consulting for more than 700 companies
His new book, Talk Triggers, is the complete guide to creating customers using strategic, operational differentiators that compel word of mouth. In the best companies, the customers do the marketing. Talk Triggers is the instruction manual for making businesses grow with customer conversation.
He’s also an avid tequila collector, and a certified barbecue judge.
What You’ll Learn
• Why the ability to present well is so important
• What Jay Baer means by a ‘Talk Trigger’
• The importance of being known for one thing
• How being good enough at speaking isn’t good enough to continue speaking
• Why good stories aren’t necessarily big stories
• Interesting lessons and learnings from reverse-engineering signature stories
• As your professional speaking progresses, is content or delivery more important
Mentioned In The Show
• Jay Baer’s talktriggers.com
• Jay Baer’s convinceandconvert.com
• Jay Baer’s jaybaer.com
• Jay Baer’s podcast Standing Ovation
• The Presentation Boss Podcast episode 44 with Phil M Jones
• The Presentation Boss Podcast episode 32 with Matthew Dicks
Resources and Links
• Email us: [email protected]
• The Presentation Boss Podcast: https://presentationboss.com.au/podcast/
• Kate on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kate-norris/
• Thomas on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/thomas-krafft/
• Presentation Boss on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/presentationboss/
• Presentation Boss on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/presentation-boss