86. Vinh Giang on Using Your Voice to Change Your World
It’s an inspiring time on episode eighty-six of The Presentation Boss Podcast. Kate and Thomas have been following the work of Vinh Giang for years, and earlier this year completed his online vocal course. He has a beautifully uplifting philosophy around your communication skills, but also the deep understanding to help you get there.
After a year or so of trying to feature Vinh on the show, he’s our last guest for 2020. This episode is a true conversation and we reckon you’ll want to listen to it at least twice and take notes on the techniques he shares, steps you need to take and precisely what skills all of us need to work on to be able to communicate effectively.
Show your support for this episode on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/presentationboss
About Our Guest
With only 6 months to graduate, Vinh Giang left his degree in commerce and law to become an online magic teacher ultimately building a hugely successful online business, which now serves over 800,000 students all around the world. This earned him the award of Top Young Entrepreneur in Australia.
He is now a motivational and inspirational keynote speaker and uses magic as his metaphor when he speaks – he’s found a way to make the medicine taste good!
Vinh believes that presentation ability is the skill that often separates those that succeed from those that do not. Often underestimated, it is one of the core traits of all leaders and influencers, and is what gives them a key point of difference.
What You’ll Learn
• Why Vinh Giang started life as a magician, and why he transitioned to speaking
• The inescapable, and universal reason why the ability to communicate effectively is important
• What skills you’ll need as a technical aspect to be able to make changes in your world, and change the world
• How you incorporate a unique skill or lessons from another skill into your presentations
• The three instruments a speaker plays, how to play them and why
• How to think about your voice as an instrument and the five foundations you need to work on
• Using a three-way mirror to get a good perspective of yourself, to know what skills you need to improve
• Whether content or delivery is more important, and why
• How does being an introvert or an extrovert change how we should communicate.
Mentioned In The Show
• Vinh Giang’s Workshops: STAGE Communication Workshop
Continue the Conversation:
• Show your support on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/presentationboss
• Join our online community: Presentation Bosses Facebook Group