This is a show to remember. Episode ninety-three of The Presentation Boss Podcast! Today we have back Anthony Metivier, who you may remember from when we did a breakdown of his TED Talk (that Thomas coached). He is known as The Memory Guy, for being an expert in memory, recollection and observation techniques.
We know one of the greatest public speaking fears is going blank on stage, so it only seemed right to have an expert in not forgetting share his wisdom and tools on the microphone. We have a great in-depth conversation that clears up what a memory palace is and how to use it, what you can do to internalise the flow of your presentation and exactly what it takes to practice these techniques.
Plus, it’s a fun show because Thomas has worked with Anthony before, but this was the first time Kate had met him. We get in depth, have a laugh and learn loads. You will too!
Show your support for this episode on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/presentationboss
About Our Guest
As a bestselling author, Anthony Metivier is the founder of the Magnetic Memory Method, a systematic, 21st Century approach to memorizing foreign language vocabulary, dreams, names, music, poetry and much more in ways that are easy, elegant, effective and fun.
Anthony writes his books and creates video courses for a variety of people who need help with a number of different memory needs.
What separates Anthony from other authors on memory skills and development is that he doesn’t focus on long strings of digits or training for memory championships. He offers simple techniques for memorizing the information that will change your daily. There’s no hype in his training, just techniques that work.
What You’ll Learn:
• How magic, study and mental illness lead Anthony into a life passion of memory techniques
• Why most people struggle with ‘having a bad memory’
• Exactly what the first step is when it comes to boosting what you see and recall
• An explanation of the memory palace for dummies, and what most folks get wrong about them
• What you can find in your own mind that aids with building memory anchors for when you need it most
• How Anthony used memory techniques to flawlessly deliver his TED Talk
• The daily habits that can help improve your skills
Mentioned In The Show:
Continue the Conversation:
• Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Presentation Boss Podcast: https://presentationboss.com.au/podcast/
• Show your support on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/presentationboss
• Join our online community: Presentation Bosses Facebook Group